Simformer Online Assessment
What is Simformer online assessment?
Simformer Online Assessment is an effective HR tool for distant assessment of managers’ and candidates’ professional competency. Assessment is conducted in the process of realistic online business simulation. User controls business development and typical processes; the system measures and estimates the effectiveness and results of user’s actions in such spheres as:
- supply chain management and logistics;
- human resources management;
- operational management;
- strategic management.
Customer of Simformer Online Assessment receives the detailed profile of candidates’ competencies in visual form with detailed analysis of user’s actions in business simulation. It helps to assess quickly his weak and strong points, knowledge and skills in key business competencies. Such form of personnel distant computerized diagnostics in business simulations allows to significantly cut down efforts and cost of primary assessment. It also considerably reduces human subjectivity factor and gives HR manager relevant and objective metrics of each candidate in a suitable for analysis form.
Simformer online assessment is very effective in planning employees’ and students’ training courses, assessment of their progress in competencies development during education.
First of all, Simformer online assessment is designed for companies’ HR-departments that regularly search and select candidates for managerial positions, who train and assess the skills of their employees. It is also useful for business schools oriented at practical management skills development among their students and their progress control.
How does it work?
The basis of Simformer online assessment is a complex realistic online business-simulation (business game). The participant has to go through it and build a virtual business in order to be assessed.
- Customer has possibility to choose the most suitable business-simulation scenario. This scenario can be chosen with focus on a specific industry, certain management functions and assessed skills of a candidate.
- All candidates go through chosen business-simulation online and take a number of managing decisions during the game. The system estimates manager’s effectiveness in controlling the main business processes and compares it with other candidates’ results.
- Based on the candidate’s decisions, actions and results, received during business simulation, the system automatically forms informative and illustrative report which is sent to the Customer.
- The report of Simformer online assessment contains the following data on each user:
- dynamic data about the company's financial performance received by participant during business simulation;
- dynamic data (for each action in the game) about participant's efficiency in controlling key business functions, such as sales, marketing management, supply chain management and logistics, human resources management, operational management, strategic management;
- final evaluation metrics of the candidate's management competencies with the detailed explanation of each metric;
- candidate's basic skills development progress in the business simulation course (his trainability);
- comparative group report (in case of group assessment).
Goals of Simformer online assessment:
- objective and quick online estimation of practical skills and key professional competencies in order to select right applicant for manager’s position;
- objective and rapid assessment of company's employees' basic professional competence and potential when planning their training and career advancement;
- objective assessment of practical knowledge and skills development dynamics of the companies' employees and business-schools' students during their education and training courses.
Benefits of Simformer Online Assessment for HR-departments, educational centers and business schools:
- multi-fold reduction of financial and temporary expenses on candidates' professional competence assessment in the process of selection;
- reliability and objectivity of estimation due to realistic business simulation and human factor mitigation at the primary stage of data collection and analysis;
- unlimited number of assessment participants per unit of time;
- asssessment is conducted online, the calculation of metrics is carried out automatically, which lets HR managers concentrate on creative work and correct interpretation of candidates' metrics;
- combination of assessment procedure with exciting game in professional simulator allows the candidates to entirely unlock their human potential to the full extent, and for HR manager to educe the most talented employees.